CALL FOR PROPOSALS: 2019 SMALL GRANTS FOR USG ALUMNI IN KYRGYZSTAN
Did you study or participate in a U.S. government-sponsored educational or professional exchange program? Do you have a project you would like to undertake that would benefit your community or strengthen the relationship between American and Kyrgyz citizens?
The U.S Embassy in Kyrgyzstan announces the Alumni Small Grants Program 2019. The small grant program is open to all citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who are alumni of a U.S. government (USG) or U.S.
Embassy education or exchange program. The small grants program aims to support innovative, small-scale projects or initiatives that will strengthen local communities, foster positive relationships between the United States and the Kyrgyz Republic, and promote mutual understanding of the core values promoted by USG exchange programs. To apply: https://ais.americancouncils.org/ECA_Grants The application deadline is December 21, 2018 at 17:00 Bishkek time. The Embassy will award grants in January 2019 on a competitive basis, depending on the availability of funds. Not sure whether you are an eligible Alumnus/a of a U.S. government–sponsored program? Please check here to view the list of all exchange programs. Register to become a member of International Exchange
Alumni Website: https://alumni.state.gov/
Grant proposals must:
* Demonstrate how participating alumni will use their exchange experience to address a current challenge/issue in Kyrgyzstan;
* Include a project timeline that takes place between January and June 2019;
* Include a budget that is no more than USD $5,000 for larger projects and no more than USD $1,000 for small-scale projects;
* Specify how the project impact will be monitored and evaluated by project participants; and
* Include a clear social media plan to highlight project progress and successes; Priority consideration will be given to proposals which:
* Promote key themes such as: regional integration and cooperation; civil society development and building resilient communities; innovation; STEM; business initiatives and entrepreneurship.
* Promote volunteerism and/or public service with the support and participation of exchange program alumni;
* Collaborate with other USG alumni or alumni from different programs to implement the grant; and/or
* Share with a wider community the knowledge or skills gained in the exchange program or training.
In addition to final narrative and financial reports, project results must also be presented in photographic and/or video format to the U.S. Embassy in Bishkek for publication on the U.S. Embassy Bishkek
website: https://kg.usembassy.gov/ and U.S. Embassy’s social media pages. Grant recipients are
expected to use hashtag: #Kyrgyzusgalumni in all project related social media posts.
Leave a Comment